Nikki Murder: Marriage was not registered, certificate found in Nikki’s rented house, witnesses will be questioned – Nikki Murder Marriage was not registered Certificate recovered

निक्की यादव व साहिल गहलोत

Nikki Yadav and Sahil Gehlot
– Photo: Amar Ujala – Archive photo


There is a new revelation in the Nikki Yadav murder case. Nikki and Sahil Gehlot got married at the Arya Samaj Mandir in Greater Noida, but the marriage was not registered in the registry office. Delhi police recovered marriage certificate in Arya Samaj Mandir from Nikki Yadav’s house. The police investigation revealed that suspect Sahil was afraid because Nikki had a marriage certificate.

A senior officer of the crime department said that police recovered the marriage certificates of both of them from Nikki Yadav’s house. According to police officials, this certificate belonged to Nikki. When Sahil married another girl, Nikki threatened that if he married another girl, she would show the marriage certificate to the girl’s family and make it go viral on social media. Sahil was afraid of this.

The police officer said that the police questioned Vipin, the head of the temple who got Sahil and Nikki married. Pradhan Vipin keeps the records of the temple. Apart from this, the Delhi police have questioned the priest of the temple, Virendra Shastri. The priest and Pradhan have accepted during interrogation that they got Sahil and Nikki married. Both were very happy at the time of marriage. During Sahil and Nikki’s wedding at Arya Samaj Temple, two youths from Greater Noida acted as witnesses. Police called both witnesses to the Crime Branch office in Rajouri Garden on Monday for questioning.

Sahil’s father was arrested along with eight suspects

A murder case was registered against Virendra Gehlot, the father of Sahil Gehlot, accused of Nikki’s murder. The case was registered in June 1997. Virendra Gehlot and others had an argument with a person from Mitrau village itself. The victim sustained serious injuries in the altercation. The person remained in hospital and died several days later during treatment. The police had arrested nine suspects, including Virendra Gehlot. The court had convicted all nine suspects. The Supreme Court had acquitted all the accused.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.