fire in slums of Shastri Park
– Photo: Amar Ujala
A sudden fire broke out on Wednesday afternoon in slums under the Delhi Jal Board pipeline in the Shastri Park area of North East Delhi. 50 shanties were gutted in the fire. In no time the fire took on gigantic proportions. Small and large LPG cylinders began to explode in the slums. Nine cylinders exploded one after the other. Fortunately, everyone reached a safe place from there as soon as the fire broke out.
As soon as the news broke, 12 fire trucks were sent to the scene in addition to the police. After much effort, the fire was somehow contained in three and a half hours. Sources say the fire broke out after a spark in the high voltage wire that ran across the slums. Police are trying to determine the exact cause of the fire.
According to the police, information was received at 12:10 am that a fire had broken out in the huts built under the pipeline in Shastri Park, Buland Masjid, Majara Wala Road. Fire brigade vehicles arrived on the scene as soon as the news broke. Police have evacuated the area. The cylinders kept in the slums started to explode one by one due to the fire. There was chaos on site. People weren’t even given enough time to get their stuff out. Someone’s motorcycle and someone’s dowry that was kept for marriage were burned in the fire. After much effort, the fire could only be brought under control after 3:30 p.m. No casualties were reported in the accident.
(TagsToTranslate)City & States