The Delhi government will develop the villages at a cost of Rs 242.12 crore. A meeting of the Village Development Board chaired by Minister of Development Cooperation Gopal Rai was held for this purpose on Thursday. During the meeting at the Delhi Secretariat, the Delhi Rural Development Board approved 118 plans for village development.
Under this, development works will be carried out related to roads, sewage, water bodies, community centers, parks, crematoriums, sports grounds etc. Development works will be carried out in rural areas of Delhi at a cost of Rs 242.12 crore. During the board meeting, all officials were instructed to complete the village development projects within the stipulated time. In addition, instructions have also been provided to submit reports with geotagged photos of the completed projects.
On this occasion, the Development Minister said that the government is not only providing basic services to the residents of Delhi living in urban areas but also providing facilities to the people living in rural areas. This development work related to the development department is carried out through the Department of Irrigation and Flood Control, MCD and other government departments.
This will work…
- Construction of connectivity and rural roads in the villages of Delhi
- Development of ponds, reservoirs
- Development of community center, park, crematorium, playground, gymnasium, library in the village
- construction of drainage structures
- Construction and repair works of Choupals, Barat Ghar, Community Center etc.
- Other needs based works such as drinking water supply, street lighting etc.